We are all interested in growing and preserving food from seeds, propagating plant material we know the story behind and exchanging local seeds and plants that grow well in our subtropical climate.
We'd love you to join our conversations, share seeds and experiences, learn about the issues threatening our food and how we can become more resilient communities by taking control of what we grow at home.
Here's a list of groups in our South East Queensland region that will help us connect with each other and various activities/events. Please share these.
Permaculture Noosa Seed Savers
- Meet: 2nd Thursday of the month from 9.30am – 11.30am ('Noosa Namaste' Restaurant, 2 Memorial Avenue, Pomona)
- Phone Maria Page: 5485 3789
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet: 1st Sunday of the month from 8am (Buddina Community Gardens, Kevin Asmus Park, Nanyima Street, Buddina)
- Phone: 0411 533 484
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: https://www.facebook.com/groups/978195478904682/
Gympie Seed Savers
- Meet: Last Monday of the month from 9.30am – 11.30am (461 McIntosh Creek, Gympie)
- Phone Wendy: 0412 890 950
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eudlo Seed Savers
- Meet: 1st 'Seedy Sunday' of the month from 8.30am - 10.00am (Roy Gasson's Pottery Shed, 145 Ilkley Road, Ilkley, 4554)
- Cost: Gold coin donation to cover morning tea
- Phone Roy or Jackie: 5445 0349
- Email: email@example.com
Caboolture Seed Savers
- Meet: 4th ‘Seedy Saturday’ of the month at 10.00am (CREEC, the Caboolture Region Environment Education Centre, 150 Rowley Road, Burpengary)
- Meetings include either a workshop or guest speaker.
- Phone: Michael Lawson on 0407 710 443
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Turnstyle Seed Exchange
- Inaugural group formed in October 2012 - visit the website for future events
- Meet at Turnstyle, 10 Laura Street, Highgate Hill, Brisbane.
- Phone: Tim Searle on 0469 773 122
- Email: email@example.com
If you know of a new group that we haven't listed, please contact us.